Subject: Re: your mail
From: Joe Angell <[email-masked]>
To: Blackout <[email-masked]>
Cc: lightwave <[email-masked]>, toaster <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 23:17:42 -0400 (EDT)

> So I guess I cannot call the New Tek BBS because I'm not a registered
> owner right now huh?

Hmmm... good question.  I think you can call and just browse around and 
the like, and listen and and respond to the mail.  I think it's treated 
as a normal BBS, but you get special access to file areas and the like if 
you give them your serial #.  Come to think of it, it shouldn't be a 
problem.  Give it a shot.  They don't ask for your seriel # unless you 
want full access -- like you only get Flyer access if you mail the SysOp 
privatly (that's files only -- all messages are public & free).

I'll post a whole big thing about the Flyer once 4.05 gets up there... 
I've been checking the FTP every day now... sooner or later...  
Unfortunatly, I mostly use my Flyer for some sorts and animation, and i 
hasn't been around recently due to 1) my FLyer getting lost by UPS, and 
2) my Toaster frying, but it's back now (I missed my deadline for Manny's 
LightSpeed tape because of it... DOH!), so I can't tell you too much.  
But there are certainly a lot of people wo can help you.

I personally enjoy using my Flyer.  The quality is more than adequete for 
my SVHS stuff, and even Standard mode animations look better than SVHS -- 
fine details like small text look pretty good, where I can't even read it 
once it gets to SVHS.  I don't have an audio drive, so I've been doing 
cuts-only for that, but once those Jaz drives are realeased, I'm on it 
(think about it -- hook it up to Bus C, and you not only get a 1-gig 
aduio dirve, but you also get a 1-gig data drive just by swapping 
carts!)  I edited a 40-min. student video project in two days using it, 
and even composited in a mussle flash for an Uzi about 3 hours before it 
was due.  Looked really nice.  We did a lot of clip-shifting and such, 
and it was a snap.  Even in pre-release, it's 50x better than linear 
editing (especially if you're used to editing with a Panasonic 1970 
(which is GREAT) and an AG-455 camcorder (great for recording, but crap 
for editing.  Has the 5-pin edit jack, but is only acurate to 1 UNIT -- a 
unit being ABOUT 1.x seconds))

Let you know more when 4.05 comes in.

-- Joe
--
Joe Angell <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]